Human beings generally cannot live alone. They like to keep in touch with each other. Now with modern mobility, parents live in one place, while their only daughter may be pursuing her study thousands of miles away. Imagine such parents living in peaceful and sunny Santa Maria, California, while their only daughter was still studying in New York in October 2012 when Hurricane Sandy savagely blasted and devastated the city. These parents would be haggard, glued to their telecommunication device, trying to get in touch and stay in touch with their dearest one. In normal time, a telecommunication device can be a source of pleasant entertainment, while in business, it is a necessity to make money. Thus, good telecommunication devices, whether mobile phones with the necessary software installed or telephones with phone cards or calling cards, are always handy.
Comfi, founded in 1998 and based in Boston, Mass., is an online provider of such good telecommunication products and services. This BBB accredited and top-rated business offers:
- Phone Cards – Arbat, AT&T, Bizon, Cardinal, Champion, Cheap Call, CheapStreet, Continental, El Toro, Everest, FastWorld, Golden Lotus, Hello from UK, Jupiter, Lucky Minutes, Mariachi, Mozart, Partner, Penny Boss, Royal Call, Sahara, Saturn, Simply, Solaris, Tigris;
- Calling Cards (Using calling cards lets you save up to 95% on long-distance and international calls) -- Lucky Minutes, CheapStreet, Penny Boss, Partner, Bizon, Champion, Cardinal, Solaris, Continental, AT&T;
- Conference Calls: Unlimited number of participants with Comfi low international rates. Calls can be initiated from a cell phone or Comfi’s website;
- Mobile Apps (Comfi Call International): Cheap international calls directly from Address Book on customer’s iPhone. No WiFi or 3G required. Comfi Call International iPhone App is FREE to download and easy to use. Save up to 98% on calling rates;
- Prepaid Cell Refill: Prepaid wireless recharge service allows customers to refill and buy airtime minutes for pay-as-you-go phones, such as T-mobile, Verizon, Tracfone, Boost and many more;
- Global SIM: A convenient way to stay connected with family, friends or business partners while traveling abroad. Benefits include low cost international roaming, coverage in over 200 countries, SMS, Data and voicemail;
- Web Callback: This service is particularly valuable in areas with no access numbers. Customer just go to his/her account, enter his/her number and destination number and press “Call”. In a second, both parties will receive incoming calls.
- SMS Callback: Initiate a call by sending a text message. Send an SMS with the number customer wishes to call. Customer’s phone will ring and he/she will get connected;
- PIN-less Access: By registering a phone number, customer can avoid entering the calling card PIN every time he/she calls. When customer places a call Comfi’s system recognizes the registered phone number so customer will only have to dial the access number;
- Speed Dial: Allows customer to save long or complicated international numbers as a one-digit number. Customer just enters this one-digit number after dialing the access number and PIN and gets connected;
- Call-me Link: If customer has a website or blog, this Comfi service is handy. It will create a personal “Call” button that will allow his/her customers to call him/her directly from a website just by pressing it. It’s easy and private;
- VoIP Account: Customer receives a unique login and password and can call anywhere in the world from his/her computer or smartphone. No connection or set up fees, just download the software and start using Comfi VOIP service;
- Dialing Codes: Country and city dialing codes to call, current time and time zone, weather and currency exchange rates. It's easy, simple and free;
- Anonymous Calling: To call someone from any phone without exposing own phone number on the person's Caller ID. Great for anyone who wants to protect his/her privacy.
Comfi has been and is working hard to grow its business. Along with offering competitive rates and rewards, it has developed a highly ranked affiliate program and extremely advanced distribution and wholesale opportunities for resellers and distributors. This world-renown provider of international calling cards, online phone cards and mobile apps provides comprehensive information to prospects and customers alike on its Help and FAQ page.
Comfi was created in Wellesley, Massachusetts, part of Greater Boston, the historic city that saw the birth of the first telephone, in 1998. No records are available on the Internet about its founder – probably Tanya Miller, who submitted the company’s membership application to BBB in August 2005. Comfi is dedicated to offering quality phone cards and has developed relationships with only premium telecommunication carriers and for over a decade now, this company has been recognized as an industry leader in telecommunication development and design and has maintained its reputable position as the most visited phone card site on the Internet.
As generally the case, comments about a product or service on the Internet are both positive and negative. This applies to Comfi, too. However, positive remarks about Comfi are greater in number than the negative ones. Below are reviews of Comfi, customer and editorial, quoted from the Web.
Posted on Amazon.com:
Comfi Call International (App)
Good quality and good rates. It’s really simple to use, much easier than using calling cards. It also comes with a referral program. So far I got $7 in free credit by referring my friends.
- Ju-Sun Lee, June 6, 2012
Published on CNET.com:
Comfi Call International
CNET Editors' note: The "Download Now" link directs you to the Android Market where you must continue the download process. This download may not be available in some countries.
Call friends and loved ones abroad at cheap international calling rates.* TRY IT NOW AND GET $1 FREE UP TO 45 MINUTES OF TALK TIME!* Save up to 98% on your international phone calls* Comfi app recognizes and lists all your international contacts* Enter your phone number and start calling abroad instantly* Great call quality and excellent customer service* Service only available from United StatesRecent changes:-New and improved user interface-Performance and stability improvements-Detect NANPA numbers correctly-Added calling rates to Account tab-Call international from your Address BookContent rating: Everyone
What's new in this version: -New and improved user interface-Performance and stability improvements-Detect NANPA numbers correctly-Added calling rates to Account tab-Call international from your Address Book.
Published on PRWeb.com:
ComFi Phone Card Company Looking to Expand Customer Service and Support Hours
Boston, MA (PRWEB) February 1, 2009
Leading calling card company ComFi plans to improve Customer Service to customers worldwide. Currently, ComFi provides international calling card services to people around the world at http://www.comfi.com. ComFi will be improving their Customer Service Department with representatives that are available to explain and resolve customers' problems.
Prior to the expansion, Customer Service hours primarily targeted North and South American Customers. With the fast-growing customer base in Europe, Asia, Africa and Australia, ComFi will soon be providing 24-hour Customer Service to better accommodate these areas. Customers will be able to inquire about the products available, resolve billing or technical issues, receive purchase support, and communicate with representatives at any time.
Phone hours are being extended one hour Monday through Friday until 9:00 PM- Eastern Time. Additionally, customers will now be able to speak with ComFi Representatives on Sundays as well as the rest of the 7-day week.
Customer Service is based in the U.S., although, for non-English speaking customers, assistance can now be provided in Spanish and Russian.
Additionally, ComFi (http://www.comfi.com) will be launching Chat Support for those with no telephone access and also for the off-hours of phone support. Customers will be able to communicate with Customer Service Representatives and resolve issues which arise in their accounts through the internet.
Comfi is an accredited BBB business that has acquired BBB top rating (A+ on a scale of A+ to F). This provider of quality calling & phone cards and mobile apps has also scored high marks for trustworthiness, 80 (excellent), and vendor reliability, 81 (excellent), as disclosed by StatShow.com. On Alexa, too, Comfi has a large number of sites linking in, 2,431. As sites linking in are a measure of a site’s (in this case, Comfi’s) reputation, it means that Comfi has a good reputation. To add to its business credibility, Comfi adopts multiple levels of security measures.
On Google, Comfi has a pagerank of 6/10 (the page rank value is 6 from 10 possible points). It is relatively high as compared with that of Google itself, which is 9/10, or Alexa, which is 8/10, or Yahoo!, which is also 9/10. According to Alexa, Comfi has a three-month traffic rank of 83,318 in the world and 42,039 in the United States. It is also popular in Belarus, where it ranks #7,283. Comfi enjoys exceptionally large users in the city of Longueuil, Quebec, Canada, where it scores a high three-month traffic rank of 562. This industry leader in international calling cards, online phone cards and mobile apps based on Alexa’s findings has quite a number of sites linking in, 2,431. Sites linking in reflect a site’s (in this case, Comfi’s) reputation and thus, Comfi has a good reputation. According to StatShow.com, Comfi reaches roughly 181,890 users and delivers about 400,200 pageviews each month.
Comfi has appeared in social media, among others ReviewCentre.com, PRWeb.com, CNET.com, JennyReviews.com and Wikipedia.org. This leading provider of international calling cards, online phone cards and mobile apps operates a blog with current postings. Its pages on Facebook presently have a modest amount of likes, 5,860. Although it has current postings, this account appears laid back, needs a more aggressive management. The same applies to Comfi’s Twitter account. Although it carries current postings, it has only 414 followers and 1,384 tweets.
Comfi’s merchant processing system, Authorize.net is secure and requires Comfi’s verification with the issuing bank the “registered billing address” of any credit card used for purchasing on Comfi’s website. Comfi’s advanced web order processing system requires personal, over the phone verification to ensure credit card holder protection. Accounts are selected for verification both at random and based on a highly complex security algorithm. This provider of international calling cards, online phone cards and mobile apps uses Secure Socket Layer encryption to protect sensitive credit card holder details. Once entered into the payment screen, a credit card number is encrypted by the SSL system and can no longer be viewed online. Comfi’s Customer Service Representatives and other staff members cannot see the first twelve digits of a credit card number and have access to only the last four digits as a security precaution. Comfi.com is also tested daily by web safety leader McAfee and must pass a rigorous security scan to remain operational. Comfi’s specialized fraud prevention team works 24/7 to prevent fraudulent transactions from occurring on its site. Comfi authorizes the use of Verified by Visa and SecureCode by MasterCard when applicable and adheres to the security requirements of each credit card company it works with. Further details are published here.
A diagnostic test made on Google today Feb. 24, 2013 confirms that www.comfi.com is not currently listed as suspicious. Of the 20 pages Google tested on the site over the past 90 days, 0 page(s) resulted in malicious software being downloaded and installed without user consent. The last time Google visited this site was on 2013-02-20, and suspicious content was never found on this site within the past 90 days. Over the past 90 days, www.comfi.com did not appear to function as an intermediary for the infection of any sites and has not hosted malicious software.
Comfi is competitive in pricing as indicated in the comparison below.
1) Call from USA/mobile to India/mobile USD1.2 cents/ minute
2) Call from USA/mobile to UK/mobile USD6.2 cents/minute
3) Cheap Street Calling Card
• Rounding 3 minutes
• Refillable Yes
• Maintenance Fee 85c /week
• Connection Fee 20 cents (for calls over 1 min.)
• Pay Phone Charge 88c
• Service Fees & Surcharges 28%
• Toll Free Access Numbers Yes (USA)
• Local Access Numbers Yes (USA)
• Validity period Unlimited (*)
(*) Card expires if no refill within 6 months
3) Ruby Plan Calling Card
Rounding: 5 minutes
Weekly Fee: 99¢/week
Connection Fee: None
Payphone Fee: Up to 99¢/call**
Fees & Surcharges: May apply*
Surcharge for the US 888 Access Number: 1¢ per minute
Within Continental US: 1¢
Expiration: Expires 2 years (730 days) after last use
*May apply on some calls. Please call Customer Service at 1-888-326-6235 for details.
**The payphone surcharge applies only when calling from United States and Canada.
1) Call from USA/mobile to India/mobile USD1.69 cents/ minute
2) Call from USA/mobile to UK/mobile USD14.9¢ cents/minute
Comfi offers products and services domestically and internationally and customers receive these products or services either by mail or direct from telecommunication carriers or providers or by downloading (for example in the case of Comfi Call International App and VoIP Account). Comfi takes its commitment to offering quality seriously and has developed relationships with only premium telecommunication carriers who subscribe to the high standards set by its consumer base. Just as an example, the normal minute rounding for prepaid phone cards is one minute. Some phone cards have two (2) and three (3) minutes rounding. Comfy is the first 1-second rounding phone card on the market.
Currently Comfi accepts payments with credit or debit cards carrying VISA, MASTERCARD or DISCOVER card logo. Debit cards will be processed as credit and the customer will never be asked to reveal his/her card’s personal PIN code. Currently Comfi is unable to accept payments with credit or debit cards carrying the American Express logo. Additionally, personal checks are not acceptable as a form of payment except for wholesale transactions. Currently payments through WebMoney and PayPal from verified PayPal accounts are also acceptable. To ensure web security, a customer must use the same e-mail address for his/her Comfi.com account as is listed for his/her PayPal account.
As an online merchant (seller), Comfi adheres to the established policies and procedures of each credit card company and may require proof that a buyer is the “in fact cardholder” by means of reasonable identification such as apartment number or business/additional telephone number as listed in his/her credit card company’s database.
Comfi authorizes the use of Verified by Visa and SecureCode by MasterCard when applicable and adheres to the security requirements of each credit card company it works with. A customer may contact Visa at 1-800-228-1122 or MasterCard at 1-800-826-2181 if he/she is concerned about the verification policies.
Further details are published here.
1. Refillable calling cards -- If a refillable calling card PIN number expires, the customer must contact Comfi within 30 days of expiration to restore the balance of the card. Comfi is not able to reactivate cards with PIN numbers that have expired for more than thirty days or cards that were given out free of charge. If a customer is not satisfied with his/her calling card, Comfi will issue a full refund within 30 days of any refillable card purchase if the card’s PIN is unused. Partial refunds may be made on a case-by-case basis within 30 days of purchase. A customer has always the option to transfer the remaining balance from his/her calling card to a different type of calling card from a separate calling card provider.
2. Non-refillable calling cards and prepaid cell phone refills -- A strict “NO REFUND” policy applies to calling cards that cannot be refilled online as well as prepaid cell phone refill cards. Such cards cannot be returned.
3. Global SIM -- Unused SIM cards may be returned for a full refund of the purchase price (excluding shipping and handling charges) within fourteen (14) days of receipt. The customer is responsible for the return shipping costs. For defective products, customers have the option of receiving a replacement or a full refund. If additional airtime has been purchased, only the remaining balance will be refunded.
Comfi reserves the right to refuse refunds for any product that has been damaged or misused. The customer must contact Customer Service for authorization prior to returning any product. Returns should be addressed to:
P.O. Box 81362
Wellesley, MA 02481
Refunds (where applicable) will be credited to the original form of payment used for the purchase after receipt of the returned product.
If at any time a customer is not happy with a phone card purchased online at Comfi.com, Comfi will work hard to remedy the situation. If a customer is experiencing technical difficulties with his/her international calling card, Comfi will gladly contact the provider on his/her behalf to resolve the issue. Customers can always contact Comfi Customer Service if they have any questions regarding this return policy or unsatisfied with their phone card and would like help in resolving any issues.
Once a customer makes a purchase, he/she is bound to this refund policy regardless of whether his/her purchase is flagged for verification or not. A purchase that is flagged for verification may be accepted without further verification, at any time, after it is reviewed by a member of Comfi Customer Service and it meets Comfi’s security requirements. A purchase that is flagged for verification may also be refunded, at any time, after it is reviewed by a member of Comfi Customer Service and it does not meet Comfi’s security requirements.
Best Available Comfi Coupon: